Tuesday 15 January 2013

Staple Wardrobe: Bottoms

Hello lovelies,

How was the weekend?  I'm finally feeling like I'm getting back into the swing of things...so hard to do after the holidays.  Here's post three of my staple wardrobe series, which is focusing on anything and everything to cover the tush.  If you didn't catch it, I covered shirts and outerwear already, you can get to them at the bottom of this post. 

I broke down bottoms into three sections - pants, skirts and shorts - which are all very important in creating a staple wardrobe.  Ready? Let's go.


First up are the essential pants.  From left to right we've got black dress pants, jeans and black cigarette pants (or "matchstick pants" if you want something a bit fancier).  You should find your black dress pants in an all-season fabric to make sure they can translate well from season to season.  As for the jeans, I say go for a dark-wash, skinny or bootcut jean that makes you feel awesome.  Everyone needs a good pair of jeans that makes you feel great and sexy - find them.  And last but not least are the cigarette pants.  These can translate well from casual to dressy and can be worn with shirts or tunics.  The perfect staple pant for your closet.

For the skirts: a maxi, a black pencil skirt, an a-line skirt and I also added a leather pencil skirt.  The last one may not be everyones cup of tea but I think my leather skirt is one of the most versatile pieces of clothing in my closet.  Just be sure to stick with a neutral colour for all of the above.

And last but not least - the shorts.  These are kind of crucial for me in the summer months, but if you're not a short girl, you can opt out.  A pair of black, dress shorts and some comfy jean shorts.

And that's it for the bottoms.  Now get out there and find your perfect pair of jeans - they are essential.

Tata for now.
xoxo.

Psst... click to see the other posts on outerwear and tops

No comments:

Post a Comment