Tuesday 27 November 2012

Holiday Gift Guide: DIY Gifts

Hello Lovelies!

I've got another holiday gift guide for you today, and this week I focused on diy gifts.  I think that handmade gifts are just the sweetest gifts to give and receive.  I've compiled a few of my favourites that I've collected over the years.  I think that anyone would be happy to receive these handmade gifts, I know I would.



1. These Geode Bottle Stoppers  from Cupcakes and Cashmere are the sweetest things.  Adding some interest to a bar cart, or just bringing them out for parties - I think these are a sweet way for someone to keep their liquor on display.

2. This tutorial from DesignSponge is sure to please anyone this Christmas! Just look for vintage tins in thrift stores, flea markets or even on Etsy.

3. A personal favourite of mine is this chalkboard cheese plate.  How cute is that?  I would find excuses to use this over and over, it's just perfect.  Add in some cute cheese knives and you've got a sweet, heartfelt gift.

4. Make your own vanilla extract.  There are only three ingredients - vodka, vanilla beans and LOVE - haha, check out the tutorial here on bethanyactually.

5. Inspired by a recipe book from Anthropologie, the blogger from Flamingo Toes (guest posting over on OrSoSheSays) shared her cute DIY for this awesome recipe book - the best part? It's a binder!  That way you can continuously add recipes.

6. Get those fingers working with some embroidery.  Any animal could work, just try and find one simple enough to embroider on the toe and get to work.  Jessica at What I Wore shows you how to make these adorable smoking slippers here.

Anyone planning on a hand-made Christmas?  How's the gift getting going? - say that three times fast ;)

Tata for now.
xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment