Tuesday 24 January 2012

Dilemma: To Do or NOT To Do?

So I am having a bit of a dilemma over this away, and thought, Why not ask on the blog? So that's what I'm here today to do.

Here's the issue:

I LOVE gallery walls. Without a doubt, they are one of my favourite things right now. I really love the eclectic, collected over time look - different art, different frames, etc.  With that being said, I have a very large and in charge staircase situation that I feel needs being taken care of (the boy wouldn't care if I painted it neon yellow and put in zebra carpets - so needless to say, he's not much help. haha kidding....a little).  Anyways....what I wanted to do was put up a gallery wall leading up the staircase similar to this beaut:

via
or this sexy beast from Bower Power:


The only difference between my staircase and the two shown above, is that these are completely open and filled with light. My staircases are boxed in and have a limited amount of light penetrating them.

So this leads me to ask the question? Should I try to hang a gallery wall leading up my stairs? Or leave it as is? Any other suggestions for lil ol' Owl?

Tata for now. xoxo

PS. I will be posting tomorrow or Thursday with some completed crafting projects from the weekend.  I needed to let a couple cure/dry, and am still waiting to take some photos.  Stay tuned :)

3 comments:

  1. My staircase has limited light also. Instead of a packed gallery wall, I hung a very linear grouping of vintage postcards. I used white frames and the result is subtle, not overwhelming but still adds something.

    http://dans-le-townhouse.blogspot.com/2011/10/postcard-art-at-home-in-hallway.html

    Maybe a scaled back version of these walls would work for you too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanya! That sounds like an awesome idea and it looks great. I would love to frame postcards from everywhere we've been/lived. That might be a sweet idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the staircase is too closed in for the above examples, but I agree that a scaled-down version of it would be amazing! I'd stick with a single colour for the frames (or maybe one or two with a real pop of colour) to keep it clean and simple.

    ReplyDelete